ForensicsWiki will continue to operate as it has before and will not be shutting down. Thank you for your continued support of ForensicsWiki.
Difference between revisions of "AIR"
(Added infobox, cleaned up)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
The '''Automated Image and Restore''' or '''AIR''' is a GUI front-end to [[dd]] and [[
The '''Automated Image and Restore''' or '''AIR''' is a GUI front-end to [[dd]] and [] designed for easily creating forensic bit images.
Revision as of 18:05, 28 March 2010
- auto-detection of IDE and SCSI drives, CD-ROMs, and tape drives
- choice of using either dd or dcfldd
- image verification between source and copy via MD5 or SHA1/256/384/512
- image compression/decompression via gzip/bzip2
- image over a TCP/IP network via netcat/cryptcat
- supports SCSI tape drives
- wiping (zeroing) drives or partitions
- splitting images into multiple segments
- detailed logging with date/times and complete command-line used