ATTENTION: The new home of the Digital Forensics Wiki is at https://forensicswiki.xyz/. Yeah, it's a silly name, but it was cheap.
This wiki will be going offline permanently in the near future. An exact date will be announced soon. Thank you for being a part of this community.
If you wish to work on the new forensicswiki, please join the Google Group forensicswiki-reborn
AIR (Automated Image and Restore) is a GUI front-end to dd/dcfldd designed for easily creating forensic bit images.
- auto-detection of IDE and SCSI drives, CD-ROMs, and tape drives
- choice of using either dd or dcfldd
- image verification between source and copy via MD5 or SHA1/256/384/512
- image compression/decompression via gzip/bzip2
- image over a TCP/IP network via netcat/cryptcat
- supports SCSI tape drives
- wiping (zeroing) drives or partitions
- splitting images into multiple segments
- detailed logging with date/times and complete command-line used