General books about forensics
- Principles and Practice of Criminalistics: The Profession of Forensic Science, by Keith Inman and Norah Rudin. (Highly recommended).
- Forensic Science Handbook, Volume 1 (2nd Edition), by Richard E. Saferstein ISBN: 0130910589 Publisher: Prentice Hall; 2 edition 6/5/2001
- Forensic Science Handbook, Vol. II (2nd Edition), by Richard E. Saferstein ISBN: 013112434X Publisher: Prentice Hall; 2 edition, 10/8/2004
- Handbook of Forensic Science, Volume III, by Richard Saferstein ISBN: 0133253902 Publisher: Prentice Hall; 1 edition, 4/22/1993
- Forensic Science: An Introduction to Scientific and Investigative Techniques, Second Edition, by Stuart James and Jon J Nordby ISBN: 0849327474 Publisher: CRC Press 2/10/2005
Books about computer forensics
- File System Forensic Analysis, by Brian Carrier, Addision-Wesley, 2005. (Highly recommended).
- Forensic Discovery, by Dan Farmer and Wietse Venema, Addison-Wesley, 2004.
- A HTML version of the book is freely available online.
- Digital Evidence and Computer Crime, by Eoghan Casey, Academic Press, 2004.
- Incident Response & Computer Forensics, Second Edition, by Kevin Mandia, Chris Prosise & Matt Pepe, 2003.
- Forensic Examination of Digital Evidence: A Guide for Law Enforcement NCJ 199408, April 2004, Special Report, National Institute of Justice
- Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders NCJ 187736, July 2001, NIJ Guide, National Institute of Justice
- Investigating Computer-Related Crime, by Peter Stephenson ISBN: 0849322189 Publisher: CRC Press, 9/28/1999
- Investigator's Guide to Steganography, by Gregory Kipper ISBN: 0849324335 Publisher: Auerbach Publications, 10/27/2003
- Cyber Forensics: A Field Manual for Collecting, Examining, and Preserving Evidence of Computer Crimes, Albert J Marcella, Jr. and Robert S Greenfield ISBN: 0849309557 Publisher: Auerbach Publications, 1/23/2002
- Investigating Computer Crime, by Franklin Clark and Ken Diliberto ISBN: 0849381584 Publisher: CRC Press, 7/11/1996