TODO: Not all of the following are tools, most are simply company names. The tools should have their own articles...
- Data Compass
- A hardware and software complex tool produced by SalvationDATA that can imaging data from bed sectors,instable heads and other patient drives,for more information,you can login in the website:http://www.salvationdata.com
- DeepSpar Disk Imager
- Handles Data Recovery Imaging issues, drive instability, and bad sectors. http://www.deepspar.com/products-ds-disk-imager.html - Data Sheet and Whitepaper available for download from product web page.
- ICS Solo3
- Supports USB, Firewire and SCSI drives. http://www.icsforensic.com/
- Logicube Talon
- Supports USB
- Built-in PATA, SATA, USB and write blocker. http://www.thepsiclone.com/
- Enhanced Error Handling and Logging
- Voom HardCopy III
- Allows destination drive to be formatted in NTFS.
- Part of the libewf library package, ewfacquire can create evidence files in the EnCase and FTK Imager E0* (EWF-E01) and SMART s0* (EWF-S01) formats. ewfacquire calculates an MD5 hash while the data is being acquired. Ewfacquire provides support for byte swapping of media bytes. This is useful for dealing with big endian media on and little endian architectures and vice versa. It also has intelligent error recovery.
- Part of the AFF system, aimage can create files is raw, AFF, AFD, or AFM formats. AFF and AFD formats can be compressed or uncompressed. aimage can optionally compress and calculate MD5 or SHA-1 hash residues while the data is being copied. It has intelligent error recovery, similar to what is in ddrescue.
- AIR (Automated Image and Restore) is a GUI front-end to dd/dcfldd designed for easily creating forensic bit images.
- A version of dd created by the Digital Computer Forensics Laboratory. dcfldd is an enhanced version of GNU dd with features useful for forensics and security, such as calculating MD5 or SHA-1 hashes on the fly and faster disk wiping.
- A program that converts and copies files, is one of the oldest Unix programs. I can copy data from any Unix "file" (including a raw partition) to any other Unix "file" (including a disk file or a raw partition). This is one of the oldest of the imaging tools, and produces raw image files. Extended into dcfldd.
- EnCase LinEn
- Linux-based version of EnCase's forensic imaging tool.
- A tool similar to dd, but unlike dd it will continue reading the next sector, if it stumbles over bad sectors it cannot read.
- iLook IXimager
- The primary imaging tool for iLook. It is Linux based and produces compressed authenticatable image files that may only be read in the iLook analysis tool.
- Rdd is robust with respect to read errors and incorporates several other functions: MD5 and SHA-1 hashing, block hashing, entropy computation, checksumming, network transfer, and output splitting.
- Their ultimate tool lets you "READ, ACQUIRE, DECRYPT, ANALYZE and REPORT (R.A.D.A.R.)."
- Can image and convert many file formats. Also builds mobile toolkit.
- Can image with out dongle plugged in. Only images to E0* file.
- FTK Imager by AccessData
- Can image and convert many image formats. Including E0* (EWF-E01), s0* (EWF-S01) and dd. Also a free tool.