How to image an IDE disk with aimage and FreeBSD
Revision as of 22:21, 6 February 2008 by Simsong
Key elements of the disk imaging system:
- You need to have an internal IDE card which is not used for anything but disk imaging.
- You need to have an external hard drive power supply, so that you can power the IDE drives without using your computer's power supply. (If you use your computer's power supply, you can easily crash your computer when attaching or detaching the power supply.)
Here's how to set it up:
- Set up a disk imaging station.
- Do not connect your imaging drive yet!
- Boot the computer in FreeBSD.
- Attach the IDE hard drive