ATTENTION: The new home of the Digital Forensics Wiki is at https://forensicswiki.xyz/. Yeah, it's a silly name, but it was cheap.
This wiki will be going offline permanently in the near future. An exact date will be announced soon. Thank you for being a part of this community.
If you wish to work on the new forensicswiki, please join the Google Group forensicswiki-reborn
|OS:||Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS X, Windows|
The libuna package contains a library and application to read and write the Text File (TXT) format in different characters encodings.
Libuna currently supports:
- 7-bit ASCII
- ISO 8859-1, 8859-2, 8859-3, 8859-4, 8859-5, 8859-6, 8859-7, 8859-8, 8859-9, 8859-10, 8859-11, 8859-13, 8859-14, 8859-15
- Windows 874, 932, 936, 949, 950, 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258
- Kod Obmena Informatsiey 8-bit; KOI8-R, KOI8-U
- UTF-7, UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32
Currently libuna mainly supports the Windows codepages to be able to convert these when encountered in file formats that use them.
Libuna is intended as a character encoding support library and is used in:
The libuna package contains the following tools:
- unaexport, which exports the plain text files in different encodings. It also allows end of line conversion and control over the byte order mark (BOM).