ForensicsWiki will continue to operate as it has before and will not be shutting down. Thank you for your continued support of ForensicsWiki.
Here are some of the standards by country that we have been able to find regarding the disk sanitization problem:
- RCMP TSSIT OPS-II 8 pass wipe.
- AFSSI-5020 - USAF Data Sanitization Standard
- NIST 800-88 - Guidelines for Data Sanitation, Sept 2006
- Disposition of Unclassified DoD Computer Hard Drives, Assistant Secretary of Defense, June 4, 2001
- DoD 5200.28-STD, Department of Defense Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria, December 26, 1985
- DoD 5220.22-M National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual, January 1995, incorporating Change One (July 1997) and Change Two (February 2001)
- Secure Deletion of Data from Magnetic and Solid-State Memory, Overwrite process using a sequence of 35 consecutive writes. First published in the Sixth USENIX Security Symposium Proceedings, San Jose, Ca, July 22-25, 1996