Cell Phone Forensics
From Forensics Wiki
Revision as of 22:37, 24 May 2006 by Rmislan
- If on, leave on. If off, leave off.
- Collect and preserve other surrounding and related devices. Be especially careful to collect the power charger. The phone's battery will only last a certain amount of time. When it dies, much of the data on the device may go too!
- Plug the phone in, preferably in the evidence room, as soon as possible.
- Retain search warrant (if necessary - LE).
- Return device to forensic lab if able.
- Use forensically sound tools for processing.
Expand on 5 as to what to collect:
- Research the Cell Phone. Visit PhoneScoop.com for more information