Acquiring BlackBerry Backup File (.ipd)
1. Plug in BlackBerry via USB (drivers available from ).
2. Run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, available from .
3. Click Backup and Restore.
4. Click Backup.
Opening Blackberry Backup Files (.ipd)
1. Purchase Amber BlackBerry Converter from 
Download Trial Version
2. Use File | Open and point the program to the BlackBerry backup file (.ipd).
3. Navigate to the appropriate content by using the navigator icons on the left.
This is a step by step guide to downloading and using a Blackberry simulator. For this example I downloaded version 4.0.2 in order to simulate the 9230 series.
1. Select a simulator to download from the drop-down list on the Blackberry website. Click Next.
2. Look through the list and download BlackBerry Handheld Simulator v18.104.22.168.