ATTENTION: The new home of the Digital Forensics Wiki is at https://forensicswiki.xyz/. Yeah, it's a silly name, but it was cheap.
This wiki will be going offline permanently in the near future. An exact date will be announced soon. Thank you for being a part of this community.
If you wish to work on the new forensicswiki, please join the Google Group forensicswiki-reborn
Difference between revisions of "Cell Phone Forensics"
m (Adding links for research)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
== Links ==
== Links ==
Revision as of 03:37, 25 May 2006
- If on, leave on. If off, leave off.
- Collect and preserve other surrounding and related devices. Be especially careful to collect the power charger. The phone's battery will only last a certain amount of time. When it dies, much of the data on the device may go too!
- Plug the phone in, preferably in the evidence room, as soon as possible.
- Retain search warrant (if necessary - LE).
- Return device to forensic lab if able.
- Use forensically sound tools for processing.
Expand on 5 as to what to collect:
- Research the Cell Phone. Visit PhoneScoop.com for more information