As a Wikipedia user, I have noticed that none of your articles have categories. Did you know that categories exist in MediaWiki? If yes, is there a reason? I would like to start work on it. Special:Categories, http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Category --Midnightcomm 01:09, 23 April 2006 (EDT)
- Woah, I don't know much about Categories. How would I add them? What are they for?
- Sounds good to me. We welcome your contributions.
- Yay! I'm all for categories. I've started adding some (tools, licenses, OSes, ...), feel free to add more and categorize the articles. --Uwe Hermann 15:03, 23 April 2006 (EDT)
- How do you add categories? --SImson
- Usually you just add [[Category:Foobar]] somewhere at the bottom of the page, more info here. For the tools, I have incorporated the category into the Infobox, see dd for an example. It looks a bit stupid in the wiki source, but keeps the wiki category and the "Genre:" classification in one place, which is important IMHO. Btw, you can sign your "posts" with "--~~~~" which will expand to username and date, just like on this post. --Uwe Hermann 21:45, 2 May 2006 (EDT)