Revision as of 15:28, 26 October 2009 by PashaPal
GuidedCarving is a File Carving technique to recover fragmented files introduced in Adroit Photo Forensics. GuidedCarving allows a user to attempt to recover a fragmented file that failed to fully recover using SmartCarving.
- The user opens a photo that has failed to recover properly.
- The user identifies the first error on a photo by clicking on it.
- Adroit Photo Forensics then presents the user with the best possible block matches.
- The user cycles through the presented blocks to find the correct continuation block.
- User can then choose to either manually build the rest of the file or allow SmartCarving to take over again.