How To Set Up a Disk Imaging Station
From Forensics Wiki
Revision as of 16:34, 23 August 2007 by Simsong
This section describes how to set up a FreeBSD system as a disk imaging system.
Install FreeBSD 6.2 on a new computer
- Boot the FreeBSD 6.2 CDROM
- Hit return to boot the Default
- Hit return to select "United States" (or chose your country)
- Hit down-arrow and hit return to select "standard install"
Setting up the partition table:
- Enter to select "OK." If the geometry is incorrect, enter "OK" to accept.
- If there are any partitions, use the up and down arrows to select them and press "d" to delete them.
- press "a" to use All of the disk.
- press "q" to finish
- press the down arrow and hit Enter to select the Standard MBR (no boot manager)
Setting up the FreeBSD partitions:
- Press "enter" at the OK prompt.
- Press "a" for auto-defaults
- Press "q" to accept
Choosing what to install:
- Press the down arrow and Enter to select "all" software
- Press Enter at the "yes"
- Press the up arrow and press Enter to Exit
- Press Enter to select CD/DVD
- Press Enter to confirm
FreeBSD 6.2 will be installed