Academic and professional journals, both print and electronic, on the subject of digital forensics:
- Digital Investigation
- Print journal from Elsevier that started in 2004.
- Forensic Science Communications
- Published quarterly by the FBI.
- (No URL yet)
- Undergraduate journal for both students and instructors. Announced in 2007, the first issue is expected in the fall of 2008.
- International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics
- The inaugural issue will appear in January 2009
- International Journal of Digital Evidence (IJDE)
- Electronic journal that started in 2002.
- International Journal of Electronic Security and Digital Forensics
- International Journal of Forensic Computer Science
- Journal of Digital Forensic Practice
- Print journal from Taylor and Francis that started in 2006.
- Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law
- Official quarterly publication (print and online) by the Association of Digital Forensics, Security and Law.
- Journal of Forensic Sciences
- A traditional print journal about forensics, but interested in articles on digital forensics as well.
- Blackwell Publishing is now the publisher of the JFS, and all issues prior to January 2006 are still available from ASTM
- Published by the US Drug Enforcement Agency. The last few pages of each issue are devoted to digital evidence issues.
- Small Scale Digital Device Forensics Journal
- Online journal for academics and practitioners to publish articles regarding the theory, research, and practice in the rapidly changing field of Small Scale Digital Device Forensics.
- Transactions on Information Forensics and Security
- Print journal from IEEE Signal Processing Society that started in 2005.
- The expertise involved in a forensic investigation is best showcased through the documentation of the evidence and the recording of the techniques used for forensic investigation.
- Computer Forensics World
- Website with online discussion forums relating to computer forensics.
- Forensic Focus
- News, blog, forums, and other resources for folks engaged in or interested in digital forensics.
- Solid Forensics Blog
- News, tools, and techniques for investigators who deal with cell forensics, computer forensics, telephone records, DNA forensics, and virtually any software based digital forensics analysis.
This list was originally taken from Brian Carrier's list of conferences and journals at http://www.digital-evidence.org/publish/index.html and used with his permission. Brian no longer maintains those listings and points back to this Wiki.