ForensicsWiki will continue to operate as it has before and will not be shutting down. Thank you for your continued support of ForensicsWiki.
MS Windows Shortcut Files
In addition the target file, Windows shortcut files contain several interesting pieces of information that include:
- Three date/time stamps that relate to the last time the target was accessed by the given shortcut file. (More testing needs to be done to determine exactly how these date/time stamps relate to the target.)
- The size of the target when it was last accessed.
- Serial number of the local volume where the target was stored.
- Network volume share name
- Read-only, hidden, system, volume label, encryption, sparse, compressed, offline and several other target attributes.