From Forensics Wiki
Revision as of 08:24, 31 August 2007 by Rackley
Microsoft Windows Shortcut Files
- Three date/time stamps that relate to the last time the target was accessed by the given shortcut file. (More testing needs to be done to determine exactly how these date/time stamps relate to the target.)
- The size of the target when it was last accessed.
- Serial number of the volume where the target was stored.
- Useful for correlating a USB drive or other removable media (if you can get the volume serial number off it) to a particular user or system.
- Network volume share name
- Read-only, hidden, system, volume label, encryption, sparse, compressed, offline and several other target attributes.