ForensicsWiki will continue to operate as it has before and will not be shutting down. Thank you for your continued support of ForensicsWiki.
Log files are used to maintain a record of activities, e.g. activities of the operating system, certain applications, etc.
Log files come in various formats, in general these formats can be divided in the following categories:
- Binary formats
- Text-based formats
- Log Parser 2.2
- From Microsoft, claims to parse a variety of log files, including XML and CSV, as well as Windows Event Log, Registry, and Active Directory
- Also see: Microsoft Log Parser Toolkit, byr Gabriele Giuseppini, Mark Burnett, ISBN: 1-93226-652-6
Web Logfile Analytics
Web logfile analytics software can process a log file and print a report. Normally this software is used by organizations that host the website. It can also be used for analysis of webserver logfiles.
- Claims to be "the most popular logfile analyser in the world"
- "A fast, free web server log file analysis program"
- "Free powerful and featureful tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics, graphically."
- Java reporting tool.
- Open Web Analytics
- "An open source web analytics framework written in PHP."
- Breadboard BI Web Analytics
- "Uses open source tools to collect and distribute web analytics data."