ForensicsWiki will continue to operate as it has before and will not be shutting down. Thank you for your continued support of ForensicsWiki.
List of Volatility Plugins
The Volatility Framework was designed to be expanded by plugins. Here is a list of the published plugins for the framework. Note that these plugins are not hosted on the wiki, but all on external sites.
- volshell - Creates a python shell can be used with the framework.
- malfind - Automates the process of finding and extracting (usually malicious) code injected into another process
- cryptoscan - Finds TrueCrypt passphrases
- moddump - Dump out a kernel module (aka driver)
- Registry tools - A suite of plugins for accessing data from the registry, including password hashes, LSA secrets, and arbitrary registry keys.
- getsids - Get information about what user (SID) started a process.
- ssdt - List entries in the system call table. Can be used to detect certain rootkits that hook system calls by replacing entries in this table.
- threadqueues - Enumerates window messages pending for each thread on the system. Window messages are the mechanism used to send things like button presses, mouse clicks, and other events to GUI programs.
- suspicious - Identify "suspicious" processes. This version counts any command line running TrueCrypt or any command line that starts with a lower case drive letter as suspicious.