Malware is a short version of Malicious Software.
Malware is software used for data theft, device damage, harassment, etc. It is very similar to computer malware. It installs things such as trojans, worms, and botnets to the affected device. It is illegal to knowingly distribute malware.
A computer program that can automatically copy itself and infect a computer.
A self-replicating computer program that can automatically infect computers on a network.
A computer program which appears to perform a certain action, but actually performs many different forms of codes.
A computer program that can automatically intercept or take partial control over the user's interaction.
A toolkit that automates the exploitation of client-side vulnerabilities, targeting browsers and programs that a website can invoke through the browser . Often utilizing a drive-by-download.
Any download that happens without a person's knowledge .
- Wikipedia entry on malware
- Wikipedia drive-by-download
- Androguard: A list of recognized Android malware
- What Are Exploit Kits?, by Lenny Zeltser, October 26, 2010
- The four seasons of Glazunov: digging further into Sibhost and Flimkit, by Fraser Howard, July 2, 2013
- Kore Exploit Kit, Kahu Security blog, July 18, 2013