- The Linux partition management tool.
- "fdisk /mbr" restores the boot code in the MBR, but not the partition itself.
- BringBack offers easy to use, inexpensive, and highly successful data recovery for Windows and Linux (ext2) operating systems and digital images stored on memory cards, etc.
- ByteBack Data Recovery Investigative Suite v4.0
- Now with UDMA, ATA & SATA support, memory management and greater ease and control of partition and MBR manipulations, ByteBack continues to uphold it's viability as the computer forensics and recovery application of professionals.
- RAID Reconstructor
- Runtime Software's RAID Reconstructor will reconstruct RAID Level 0 (Striping) and RAID Level 5 drives.
- Salvation Data
- Claims to have a program that can read the "bad blocks" of Maxtor drives with proprietary commands.
- Currently the most popular open-source carving tool.
- EnCase comes with some eScripts that will do carving.
A virtual filesystem (fuse) implementation that can provide carving tools with the posibility to do recursive multi tool zero-storage carving (also called in-place carving). Patches and scripts for scalpel and foremost are provided. Works on raw and encase images.
A shared library that allows carving tools to use zero-storage carving on carvfs virtual files.