ForensicsWiki will continue to operate as it has before and will not be shutting down. Thank you for your continued support of ForensicsWiki.
|License:||WinAbility Software License|
unprotect.info is a software utility that can recover passwords to the file-based TrueCrypt volumes by using the brute-force attack. unprotect.info runs on Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000. It is free for both personal and commercial use.
Supported encrypted volumes
unprotect.info can currently recover passwords to the volumes encrypted with the following algorithms:
Unsupported encrypted volumes
If an encrypted volume was created with one of the following options, its password currently cannot be recovered with the unprotect.info software:
- Deprecated hash functions: SHA1
- Deprecated ciphers: DES, CAST, Blowfish
- Deprecated encryption modes: LWR, CBC
- Combination encryption algorithms, such as: AES-Twofish, etc.
- Volumes encrypted with the key files
- Hidden volumes, encrypted partitions, or encrypted drives.