SANS Investigative Forensic Toolkit Workstation
The SANS SIFT Workstation is a VMware Appliance that is preconfigured with all the necessary tools to perform a forensic examination. It is compatible with Expert Witness Format (E01), Advanced Forensic Format (AFF), and raw (dd) evidence formats.
SIFT Workstation is based on Fedora.
- Software Includes: The Sleuth Kit
- ssdeep & md5deep
- Vinetto (thumbs.db examination)
- Volatility Framework
- DFLabs PTK (GUI Front-End for Sleuthkit)
- Autopsy (GUI Front-End for Sleuthkit)
The SIFT Workstation will allow evidence to be viewed from a Windows workstation. The /images directory and the evidence mount point, the /mnt/hack directory, can be viewed from the local windows operation system.
- [http://forensics.sans.org/community/downloads/ Computer Forensics
and e-Discovery downloads]