NIT and Armor Forensics make a collection of tool suites like: Safeback, Stealth Suite, Computer Incident Response Suite, TextSearch Suite. These are bundles with subsets from a collection of about twenty tools.
File Systems Understood
- "Compression of relevant computer data was also not used in the original design to avoid legal arguments concerning software translation of evidence."
File Search Facilities
- Lists allocated and unallocated files.
- Sorts files by type.
- Searches for keywords.
Can it build timelines and search by creation date?
- Can use basic keyword searching.
- Offers full-text indexing.
- If you're interested in the Internet history, one tool, GetHTML, assembles HTML from data. Also NTAStealth is a program that peruses this history.
Evidence Collection Features
- A tool called NTI Secure Toolkit will encrypt files and build self-extracting packages that just require the right password.
"This suite of computer forensic software tools is made available, free of charge, to law enforcement computer specialists" Other parts of the website hint at large discounts or site licenses. No prices are quoted publicly.