Difference between revisions of "Sanitization Standards"
From Forensics Wiki
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 17:22, 1 July 2008
Here are some of the standards by country that we have been able to find regarding the disk sanitization problem:
- RCMP TSSIT OPS-II 8 pass wipe.
- AFSSI-5020 - USAF Data Sanitization Standard
- NIST 800-88 - Guidelines for Data Sanitation, Sept 2006
- Disposition of Unclassified DoD Computer Hard Drives, Assistant Secretary of Defense, June 4, 2001
- DoD 5200.28-STD, Department of Defense Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria, December 26, 1985
- DoD 5220.22-M National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual, January 1995, incorporating Change One (July 1997) and Change Two (February 2001)
- Secure Deletion of Data from Magnetic and Solid-State Memory, Overwrite process using a sequence of 35 consecutive writes. First published in the Sixth USENIX Security Symposium Proceedings, San Jose, Ca, July 22-25, 1996