Selective file dumper
The script is fast and selective and it can retrieve all the files of the file type chosen (eg. .doc or .jpg)., active, deleted and unallocated, in interactive way.
The Bash script SFDUMPER.SH, can recover active, deleted and unallocated files automatically and then it can delete the carved files duplicates of the deleted and active files retrieved by the Sleuthkit, thanks to the comparison of the SHA256 hash codes of the carved files and the active and deleted files.
It's possible to recognize the renamed files by the data carving and it's possible to expand the Foremost configuration file inside the script, for adding new extensions.
The script can work on the partition chosen from an image file or directly from the device (eg. /dev/sdb).
1) Choosing the partition to analyze from an image file or a device;
2) Choosing the file type by the extension you need to have;
3) Extracting all referenced files by their extension;
4) Extracting all the deleted files by their extension;
5) Carving all the partitions chosen and, automatically, the script will
delete the duplicate files leaving only the carved files whose are not
into the referenced or delete set of files;
6) Executing a keyword search on all the retrieved files;
7) Reporting all with the investigator name, date and time.
Requirements for the GUI version
sudo sh sfdumper.sh
chmod +x sfdumper.sh
Official web site