Difference between revisions of "Tools:Data Recovery"
(Created from Tools page, with additions from recent forensics mailing list postings)
Revision as of 15:18, 30 April 2006
- BringBack(tm) offers easy to use, inexpensive, and highly successful data recovery for Windows(tm) & Linux (ext2) operating systems and digital images stored on memory cards, etc.
- ByteBack Data Recovery Investigative Suite v4.0
- Now with UDMA, ATA & SATA support, memory management and greater ease and control of Partition and MBR manipulations, ByteBack continues to uphold it's viability as the computer forensics and recovery application of professionals.
- RAID Reconstructor
- Runtime Software's RAID Reconstructor will reconstruct RAID Level 0 (Striping) and RAID Level 5 drives. People who have used it, love it.
- Salvation Data
- Claims to have a program that can read the "bad blocks" of Maxtor drives with proprietary commands.
- The Linux partition management tool.
"fdisk /mbr" restores the boot code in the MBR, but not the partition itself.