As a Wikipedia user, I have noticed that none of your articles have categories. Did you know that categories exist in MediaWiki? If yes, is there a reason? I would like to start work on it. Special:Categories, http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Category --Midnightcomm 01:09, 23 April 2006 (EDT)
- Woah, I don't know much about Categories. How would I add them? What are they for?
- Sounds good to me. We welcome your contributions.
- Yay! I'm all for categories. I've started adding some (tools, licenses, OSes, ...), feel free to add more and categorize the articles. --Uwe Hermann 15:03, 23 April 2006 (EDT)
- How do you add categories? --SImson
- Usually you just add [[Category:Foobar]] somewhere at the bottom of the page, more info here. For the tools, I have incorporated the category into the Infobox, see dd for an example. It looks a bit stupid in the wiki source, but keeps the wiki category and the "Genre:" classification in one place, which is important IMHO. Btw, you can sign your "posts" with "--~~~~" which will expand to username and date, just like on this post. --Uwe Hermann 21:45, 2 May 2006 (EDT)
Hi. We have some spambots advertising "Chinese antique furniture" on the wiki. Could also be real people, since they've gotten over the captcha, but I doubt they understand plain English. How do you generally deal with such people here? Or better said, is there someone we're supposed to notify when something like this happens like flag the article as spam or something?
Well, I guess you'll see it when you log in anyway, just thought I'd give you a heads up before it gets indexed and all that. --cmihai 00:12, 8 January 2008 (PST)