This wiki will be going offline permanently in the near future. An exact date will be announced soon. Thank you for being a part of this community.
If you wish to work on the new forensicswiki, please join the Google Group forensicswiki-reborn
MSIE 4 to 9
MSIE 4 to 9 uses the Internet Explorer History File Format (or MSIE Cache File format). The Cache Files commonly named index.dat are used to store both cache and historical information.
To do: confirm if these files are in the Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) Database File (EDB) format
0 - My Computer 1 - Local Intranet Zone 2 - Trusted Sites Zone 3 - Internet Zone 4 - Restricted Sites Zone 5 - Custom
- Internet Explorer Cache
- Internet Explorer security zones registry entries for advanced users, by Microsoft
- Troubleshooting Automatic Detection, by Microsoft
- Windows Virtual PC VHDs for testing websites with different Internet Explorer versions, by Microsoft
- Internet Explorer RecoveryStore (aka Travelog) as evidence of Internet Browsing activity, by Yogesh Khatri, September 29, 2011
- Java Web Vulnerability Mitigation on Windows, by Tim Johnson, May 23, 2013