This wiki will be going offline permanently in the near future. An exact date will be announced soon. Thank you for being a part of this community.
If you wish to work on the new forensicswiki, please join the Google Group forensicswiki-reborn
The following new features were introduced in Windows 8:
- File History
- Storage Spaces
- Resilient File System (ReFS); server edition will likely be available in Windows Server 2012
Jump Lists are Task Bar artifacts that were first introduced on Windows 7 and are also available on Windows 8.
The Windows Registry remains a core component of the Windows operating system.
- Features new to Windows 8, Wikipedia
- Windows 8 Forensics - part 1
- Windows 8 Forensics - part 2
- Windows 8 Forensics - part 3
- Windows 8 Forensic Guide, by Amanda C. F. Thomson, 2012
- Forensic Focus: Windows 8 Forensics - A First Look, Presentation, Slides, by Josh Brunty, August 2012
- Windows 8: Tracking Opened Photos, by Jason Hale, March 8, 2013