Difference between revisions of "Windows Shadow Volumes"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Revision as of 08:05, 31 July 2012
Volume Shadow Copy Service
Windows has included the Volume Shadow Copy Service in it's releases since Windows XP. The Shadow Copy Service creates differential backups periodically to create restore points for the user. Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate editions include tools to work with and manage the Volume Shadow Copy Service, including the ability to mount shadow volumes on disk images.
- VISTA and Windows 7 Shadow Volume Forensics, by Rob Lee, October 2008
- Into The Shadows, by Lee Whitfield, April 2010
- Volume Shadow Snapshot format, by Joachim Metz, March 2011
- Shadow Timelines And Other VolumeShadowCopy Digital Forensics Techniques with the Sleuthkit on Windows, by Rob Lee, September 2011
- Getting Ready for a Shadow Volume Exam, by Jimmy Weg, June 2012
- Mounting Shadow Volumes, by Jimmy Weg, July 2012
- Examining the Shadow Volumes with X-Ways Forensics, by Jimmy Weg, July 2012