ForensicsWiki will continue to operate as it has before and will not be shutting down. Thank you for your continued support of ForensicsWiki.
Windows Registry XML
Currently DFXML uses the RegXML standard to represent Registry entries.
There are several open source programs that use XML to represent the Windows Registry:
- registryasxml is a Windows GUI program that exports and imports section of the Windows Registry as XML-foramtted files.
- RegXML is also a Windows command-line utility that exports sections of the Windows Registry as XML-formatted files.
- hivexml is a command-line utility that is part of Red Hat's libguestfs that converts Registry hives to XML.
- Tracking Computer Use with the Windows® Registry Dataset, Doug White, NIST.
- The complete set of code and and a WiReD XML difference set for steganographic applications.
There is one commercial program that we have found:
- ComponentSource has a $195 .NET too that allows management, importing and exporting of the registry via XML.