Revision as of 09:32, 14 September 2013 by Joachim Metz
- Search integrated in operating system
- Transactional NTFS (TxF)
- Transactional Registry (TxR)
- Shadow Volumes; the volume-based storage of the Volume Shadow Copy data
- Windows XML Event Log (EVTX)
- User Account Control (UAC)
The file system used by Windows Vista is primarily NTFS.In Windows Vista, NTFS no longer tracks the Last Access time of a file by default. This feature can be enabled by setting the NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate value to '0' in the Registry key
Note that this feature has been around since as early as Windows 2000 .
The Windows Registry remains a central component of the Windows Vista operating system.